I like pasta. A lot. During these hot days I wanted something with pasta, of course, but refreshing. So, I chose a cold salad with pasta, tuna and a nice vinaigrette, served chilled. A nice lunch, indeed!
Serves 2, prep. time 30 minutes
- 200 grams spaghetti
- 1 tuna can (chunks, not flakes; in water)
- 1 green onion or 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp pickled cucumbers (diced)
- 2 tbsp picked bell-peppers (diced)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh dill (finely chopped)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Boil the pasta al dente in water with a pinch of salt.
I used colored pasta (vegetable flavored) for a beautiful effect on the plate .
Drain the pasta well and toss them with a tablespoon of olive oil (they won’t be sticky).
Drain the tuna chunks and keep the water.
Prepare the vinaigrette: mix mustard, lemon juice and olive oil (it’s like preparing a mayonnaise). Incorporate some water from the tuna. Add salt and pepper to taste.
In a salad bowl, toss the pasta with tuna, the vinaigrette, cucumbers & peppers and chopped chives and dill on top. Decorate with lemon slices.
Serve at room temperature or chilled (20 minutes in the refrigerator). Enjoy!